StarBurst XL RFA Device Its real-time, multi-point temperature feedback system ensures sustained target temperatures during the procedure. The patented temperature based end point provides predictable volumes of ablation with low local recurrence rates. Needle track ablation, adjustable array size, and temperature based technology of the revolutionary, first-generation StarBurst XL RFA electrode assures a high level of confidence that coagulative necrosis is taking place throughout the targeted radiofrequency interstitial tissue ablation..
StarBurst Semi-Flex RFA Device The StarBurst Semi-Flex RFA electrode is a versatile device that features both rigid (metal) and flexible (polymer) trocar sections. Its ability to bend up to 90 degrees in all directions enables easy gantry entrance for MRI and CT systems. This teaming of innovative needle design with imaging systems compatibility allows the StarBurst Semi-Flex RFA electrode to be used in percutaneous image-guided procedures. With multiple spherical ablation size capabilities of up to 5 cm in diameter at 1 cm increments, the Semi-Flex covers a broad spectrum of applications.
Because Temperature Matters
This minimally invasive RFA device ensures consistent, sustained target temperatures and enables the precise ablation of predictable volumes of tissue.
- A single device with the capability to produce scalable, spherical ablations (3-5 cm)
- Patented expandable, multi-array space filling configuration†
- Predictable, repeatable ablations††
- Multi-point temperature feedback with dynamic, real-time readouts
- 5 mm active tip allows for needletrack ablation
- Slim handle design
- Small minimally invasive incision with no soft tissue introducer required
- Fits both CT and MRI gantries
- Beveled surgical tip for easier penetration of hard tumors
- Nine arrays plus active trocar tip
- Five thermocouples
† Covered by one or more of the following US patents: 5472441, 5486161, 5536267, 5672173, 5672174, 5683384, 5728143, 5782827, 5863290, 5913855, 5928229, 5935123, 5980517, 6071280, EP 0 777 445 B1, and Japanese patent 3009735. Other patents pending.
†† SurgEndosc, E. Berber, NL Herceg, KJ Casto, & AE Siperstein, (2004) 18:390-396
Devices shown may not be available in all countries.
Please consult a product catalog, your sales representative or customer service for product availability.